Apple Mail Email Client Setup
From Mailbag Documentation
For additional support
See also the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please note that we don’t support any software issues related to your email client. If you are experiencing issues that are related to your email client, you will need to contact the email client's vendor.
The following web site may be a good place to start: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2500
Basic Email Client Configuration
- Open the Mac Mail program, scroll down and click on Preferences.
- Click on the "Create Account" button.
- Verify that the Account Type says "POP Account." If it does not, click on the up/down arrow and change the field to POP Account.
- In the Description field, enter in a friendly name for the account
- In the Email Address field, enter in your email address
- In the Full Name field, enter the name you would like people to see when they receive mail from you
- In the Host name field, enter mailbag.com
- In the User name field, enter the first part of your email address (the part before the "@" symbol)
- Enter your password if you wish
- Click the OK button to complete the setup.