Outlook 2007 Email Client Setup
From Mailbag Documentation
For additional support
See also the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please note that we don’t support any software issues related to your email client. If you are experiencing issues that are related to your email client, you will need to contact the email client's vendor.
The following web site may be a good place to start: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11335
Basic Email Client Configuration
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings.
- Click on the Email tab and click on the New... button.
- Next select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next.
- On the Auto Account Setup window check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail option and click Next.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3 or IMAP.
- Enter mailbag.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: field.
- Enter (Enter the Smtp address that your ISP provides) in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field.
- Enter your username username in the Account name: field.
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
- Perform the following steps:
- Click on More Settings...
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication
- Select Log on Using
- Make sure use the username and password provided by your ISP.
- Click on OK.
- For example, I used the outgoing server as charter. (Please contact your ISP for current information).
- Click the Test Account Settings button and you should see all items with green check marks... Click the Close Button to close the test window.
- Click OK to save your settings